Certified RADON Measurement Services
Colorado's Best Home Inspections, LLC only offers and provides NRPP CERTIFIED Radon Measurement Services; also known as Radon Testing; James (Jim) Krumm NRPP Certified Radon Measurement Provider
Radon Measurement Service Fees: designated service fees are in addition to the home inspection fee.
$200.00 service fee; per each scheduled measurement service performed (1 Test)
$150.00 service fee; per each scheduled measurement service performed (1 Test) when radon measurement services are performed with a Colorado’s Best Home Inspections, LLC home inspection.
- James (Jim) Krumm, is one of few home inspectors in the State of Colorado providing CERTIFIED Radon Measurement Services (aka as Radon Testing by some) as a NRPP Certified Radon Measurement Provider, who IS RECOGNIZED by the State of Colorado as a CERTIFIED Radon Measurement Provider performing in real estate transactions.
- Radon does not care if you have a basement or crawlspace or sit on slab – it’s an environmental phenomena and just occurs because we sit on a lot of rock here in Colorado. It’s a decay or uranium decay by-product that breaks down into tiny particles over the years and comes up through the ground as a soil gas. Radon Measurement services per AARST standards and guidelines do require a minimum service time of 48 hours, or beyond as per CBHI availability, to complete.
- The EPA does suggest that every home in a real estate transaction be inspected for radon (that’s what radon measurement services are) – they measure radon in pico cures which is a nuclear measurement – industry standards state that if a home should measure 4.0 pico cures or higher the home should be mitigated, mitigation is a hard wired fan and tube system that is installed to remediate the home of radon. FYI - CBHI does not perform mitigation services as that would be a conflict of interest to you our Client – Colorado's Best Home Inspections, LLC, Jim (James) Krumm, NRPP Certified Radon Measurement Provider would ONLY measure the radon in the home.
- NRPP Certified Radon Measurement Services are performed in compliance with AARST (American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists, Inc.) Standards and Guidelines. NRPP Certified Radon Measurement Services are scheduled providing for the approved minimum AARST time duration and/or beyond subject to CBHI service availability. At the time the radon monitor is placed and radon measurement service starts a radon measurement service in progress sign will be left in a conspicuous area of the subject property with noted instructions to provide site conditions as per AARST Standards/Guidelines, radon monitor pickup services are scheduled and approved to provide for CBHI's reporting and/or inspection objection/real estate contract deadline dates (subject CBHI's service availability), Radon monitor pick-ups are scheduled as per the Inspector’s schedule/Inspector availability via Home Owner/Realtor approved LOCK BOX access, typically radon measurement results are reported via email the evening of radon monitor pickup date.
Radon Monitor Pre-Drop Services are available at a service fee of $50.00 per Inspector site visit; designated service fee in addition to the CBHI Home Inspection Fee.
- Radon Monitor predrop services are provided upon request only; as once the radon monitor is placed the CLIENT understands and agrees that the Client is obligated to pay for the corresponding NRPP Certified Radon Measurement Service in full as radon monitor predrop service date/time. Radon Monitor Predrop services are scheduled as per the Inspector’s schedule/Inspector availability via Home Owner/Realtor approved LOCK BOX access.
- If you would like to read more about radon, radon measurement, radon mitigation - please kindly visit the Articles and Information page of CBHI's website www.cbhi.biz.
- Or please click on the provided courtesy links:
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment Courtesy Link: http://www.cdphe.state.co.us
Here's what our clients say about us: